Thursday 30 May 2013

Movie: The Hangover Part III (2013)

Rating: D

The biggest problem I had with Part II in what's now the Wolfpack Trilogy was that it was a lazy derivative of the first installment. So I was pleasantly surprised when the movie unfolded and was apparent that this last installment would not be yet another derivative of that first flick.



That being said.... I really don't believe Todd Phillips pulled it off. It was supposed to be an epic finale. I suppose that that was the direction it was headed towards, but it never seemed to actually get there. And that's really the best way of describing this movie. It's neither here nor there. It's not funny enough to be a comedy and it's entirely not epic enough to even be in the vicinity of being epic.

And I know that this last bit is also neither here nor there, but I entirely didn't see enough of Jamie Chung. Haha.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...