Thursday 23 November 2017

Product: NOMATIC Travel Pack

Design: 4 / 5
Build Quality: 4.5 / 5
Functionality: 4.5 / 5
Ergonomics: 4 / 5
Durability: ?? / 5

MSRP: $219.00 (USD)
Overall: 4.5 / 5



I have long been looking for the "perfect" travel backpack. I've got to say, This NOMATIC Travel Pack is the closest I've come to finding it. Over the years, I've traveled quite a bit for work and some of my trips require shorter trips within the overall trip, and I really don't want to be lugging my suitcase around for a short jaunt of a few days. so in my extensive search for that perfect backpack, I developed a "want list", as follows:

- Durable
- Fits under airplane seat
- Security Pocket (against back)
- Fits all my electronics
- Fits 2-3 days of clothing
- Roller bag sleeve
- Multiple pockets for easy organisation
- Full Day carry comfort

So imagine my excitement when I saw this backpack listed on Kickstarter. It seemed like this NOMATIC Travel Pack checked all the right boxes. BUT, while it's by far the best one I've seen on the market so far, there are still just a couple of small things that prevents this from being PERFECT.

1. A MUST HAVE for me when traveling, is a security pocket that rests against my back. It's the perfect place to keep all your travel documents (passport, tickets, etc), currency, or any other sensitive items that you'd like to make sure is kept away from sticky fingers. While this NOMATIC Travel Pack does have one, it's a bit on the small side, and difficult to get to. The purpose of the security pocket is to prevent OTHERs from getting a hold of my travel documents, not prevent ME from getting a hold of them.

2. You don't always get a choice of where you're going when you travel for work. Sometimes, it can land you in some dodgy places, so security is essential. While it's GREAT that this backpack does give you a TSA approved combination lock for the zipper, there are quite a few backpacks now that use slashproof/resistant materials. In my humble opinion, that would put this pack over the top.

3. The backpack does wear a little bit square on your back. I just received mine, so I haven't used it for a full day commute, or for traveling yet. I'm sure it will work just fine, but for it to be PERFECT, a bit more of an angle for better weight distribution probably would have been nice.

4. Lastly, and I realise I'm being picky here; the side magnetic bottle pockets. They look fantastic, but there are limitations to their functionality. They don't expand QUITE enough if your water bottle is a little bit thicker. And it would have been nice if there was an option to close one of them, as having side pockets as an option is always nice.

Again, I realise that I'm being very picky here (this site IS called CriticallyCriticalCritic afterall). I love the various different ways that you can organise all of your gear. The addition of the compression pack is brilliant, and overall, while stylistically, it could look sexier, it's still professional looking, and it really doesn't seem like they've cheaped out on bits, which is nice.

Cheers.

18 comments:

  1. Great post, very detailed and useful information, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see the great detail here!. Guest Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see the great detail here!. Bolt Posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this text for the adeptly-researched content and notable wording. I got for that excuse practicing in this cloth that I couldnt decrease studying. i'm impressed once your fulfillment out and present. thank you correctly a good deal. Bolt Posts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this blog site through my friends and when I searched this really there were informative articles at the place.
    click here now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. Application ESTA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Attractive, post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have liked browsing your blog posts. After all, I will surely subscribe to your feed, and I hope you will write again soon! flights-hotel-accommodation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for providing recent updates regarding the concern, I look forward to read more. Bolt Posts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Bolt Posts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. charleston sc zillow

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: alaska fishing trips

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks travel adapter

    ReplyDelete
  13. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. Juliana trail map

    ReplyDelete
  14. When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. Vacation Sweepstakes,

    ReplyDelete
  15. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… monterey kayak

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is so much in this article that I would never have thought of on my own. Your content gives readers things to think about in an interesting way. Thank you for your clear information. clubs in malaga

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. discount ticket for legoland florida

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...